Cold and Flu Season – Training Guidelines
Updated November 16, 2022
Our first priority is the health and well-being of every person entering the studio; students, staff, guests and parents alike.
Driftwood Martial Arts continues to do everything possible to provide the healthiest training experience, however, no protocols can provide 100% protection. All members training do so at their own risk.
Your family’s adherence to these guidelines is key in helping keep everyone safe. Please review these guidelines with your children to ensure they understand.
Here are the measures currently being put in place. These are subject to change.
- Staff members self-assess for symptoms before coming to work each day.
- Studio is thoroughly cleaned from top to bottom at the start or end of each day.
- Hand sanitizer is made available throughout the studio.
- Training equipment is sanitized after every use.
- Do not visit the dojo if you or someone in your home are not feeling well, regardless of symptoms.
- Students may return to training following an illness when their symptoms have significantly improved for at least 24, there has been no fever for 24 hours and no vomiting or diarrhoea for 48 hours.
- We are aware that it is cold/allergy season, please cough or sneeze into your shoulder/arm if necessary.
- There are no late arrivals.
- Change rooms are available however, members are still encouraged arrive in uniform ready for class.
- Students should arrive prepared for class with the following:
– Pre-filled water bottle. Students must bring disposable bottles home.
– A personal bottle of hand sanitizer for in-class use.
– Sparring gear.
– If a student opt to wear a mask while training please ensure it is properly fitted and . bring multiple masks for replacement as they become soiled with sweat.
- Students / Parents please self-assess for any flu or other respiratory symptoms before coming to the studio.
- All persons entering the building are asked to sanitize their hands.
- Our lobby is open and we welcome parents to wait inside during classes.
- If a student becomes ill during class they will be isolated and early pick-up will be arranged.
Driftwood Martial Arts will continue to monitor and will do what is in the best interest of keeping everyone safe. We urge that everyone that is part of the Driftwood family please do your part in protecting yourself, your family and community.
As always, please reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns.