Covid-19 Training Guidelines
Updated March 1, 2022
With the guidance and approval of the Region of Waterloo Public Health office, Karate Canada and Karate Ontario, Driftwood Martial Arts is, once again, fully operational. Our first priority is the health and well-being of everyone entering the studio; students and parents alike.
Driftwood Martial Arts continues to do everything required and more to provide you the healthiest training experience possible, however, no protocols can provide 100% protection. All members returning to training do so at their own risk.
Your family’s adherence to these guidelines is key in helping keep everyone safe. Please review these guidelines and protocols with your children to ensure they understand. We can also walk you through the procedures during a pre-arranged tour/appointment.
Here are the measures currently being put in place. These are subject to change.
- Staff members self-assess for symptoms before coming to work each day.
- Studio is thoroughly cleaned from top to bottom at the start or end of each day.
- Hand sanitizer is made available throughout the studio.
- High-touch surfaces are sanitized frequently throughout the day.
- Training equipment is sanitized after every use.
- Training floor is sanitized thoroughly each day and more frequently as needed.
- Do not visit the dojo if you or someone in your home are not feeling well, regardless of symptoms.
- If you have travelled outside of Canada and have been advised by health authorities to self-quarantine please let us know that you will be absent.
- We are aware that it is cold/allergy season, please cough or sneeze into your shoulder/arm if necessary.
DRIFTWOOD PROCEDURES UNDER STEP 3/EXIT STEP
- AS PER REGION OF WATERLOO BYLAW masks are required to enter the building. Students may remove their mask while they are engaged in physical training.
- There are no late arrivals.
- Change rooms are available however, members are still encouraged arrive in uniform ready for class.
- Students should arrive prepared for class with the following:
– Pre-filled water bottle. Students must bring disposable bottles home.
– A personal bottle of hand sanitizer for in-class use.
– Sparring gear.
– A properly fitted mask. Multiple masks if you are wearing them to train in.
ARRIVING FOR CLASS
- Students / Parents must self-assess for Covid-19 symptoms before entering the building. Please notify us if you or your child will have any issues passing the screening questions.
- Students line up by the front entrance for their designated class time.
- PARENTS – please remain on-site until your child’s class start time. If there are entry issues we need to address it promptly.
- All persons entering the building are asked to sanitize their hands.
- Masks may be removed once class begins.
- When working with partners students may be asked to put their masks on. Students are also welcome to wear their masks for the duration of class if that is their preference. For student wishing to train with masks we require a minimum of 3 masks to prevent students from training in wet, soiled masks.
- Masks are worn during non-training portions of class, ie: mat chats. They are also worn at anytime a student is moving through the building before, after or during classes.
- Instructors will remain 2 metres from students. Should a student require first aid treatment the 2 metre barrier will be broken with appropriate PPE used by first-aider.
- If a student becomes ill during class they will be isolated and early pick-up will be arranged.
AFTER CLASS & PICKUP
- At the end of class students will exit immediately. Staff will assist with exit procedures.
- Students must be picked up during the designated departure time. We cannot allow entry for the next class until the current class has exited. Please be respectful of fellow members and arrive promptly for pick-up.
Driftwood Martial Arts will continue to monitor this situation closely and will do what is in the best interest of keeping everyone safe. We urge that everyone that is part of the Driftwood family please do your part in protecting yourself, your family and community. Together we will persevere.
We thank you for your understanding and flexibility during this time. As always, please reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns.