Online Training Information
While the studio remains closed we will be offering online group and private lessons to keep our members progressing and help to alleviate the boredom of isolation. ZOOM will be the app we will be using to help facilitate this.
This service is reserved for active Driftwood members only.
How to use zoom.
Zoom works on Windows and Mac computers as well as Android and iOS devices. Laptops and tablets will work best.
- Mac and PC: https://zoom.us/download#client_4meeting
- iOS Phones and Tablets: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/zoom-cloud-meetings/id546505307
- Android Phones and Tablets: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=us.zoom.videomeetings&hl=en_CA
- Once downloaded sign up for your FREE account.
How to Join a Class
From the Zoom App
- Open the Zoom app on your device.
- Click on Sign in and enter your information.
- Click on Join.
- Enter the Meeting ID
- Class Meeting ID is: 711 751 3922
PASSWORD REQUIRED – Check your email. It’s been sent to all active students. Contact the studio if you require us to resend it.
- YOUR ZOOM ACCOUNT MUST HAVE STUDENT’S NAME FOR ENTRY TO CLASS.
- Sign in with audio and video enabled.
Tips for Participating in Online Lessons
- Treat virtual classes with the same respect and etiquette as training at the dojo.
- YOU MUST HAVE A STABLE HIGH SPEED INTERNET CONNECTION. Other internet use can affect your session quality. Try to limit family members from watching videos, browsing or playing online games using your internet while you’re training. Make sure you close all apps running in the background that might use internet.
- ZOOM ACCOUNT MUST HAVE STUDENTS NAME to be allowed entrance to class. This is for privacy and safety.
- YOU MUST HAVE VIDEO ON TO PARTICIPATE – This is a security measure to ensure that all participants are Driftwood members and not outside parties.
- STUDENTS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED INTO SESSION LATE – Be logged in and prepared to go 5 minutes before your class time.
- Clear as much floor space as possible.
- Wear you FULL gi.
- Place camera at head level and make sure your whole body is visible – head to toe.
- You might be able to connect your phone/tablet/laptop to a TV for a better experience. Smart TV’s, Apple TV and other devices have these features. Check them out.
- Bluetooth earbuds/headphones connected to your device work great.
By participating in our Zoom online based classes and using the video feature you acknowledge that your image and that of your training area can be seen by other participants in the session. These are private sessions attended by members of Driftwood Martial Arts.
Driftwood Martial Arts Inc. bears no responsibility for use of these images or videos by participants.