These guidelines are for the protection and benefit of all participants.
Driftwood Martial Arts strives to provide a fun, safe, and respectful environment for our participants. Every camper has an equal right to a superior training experience. Our leaders keep a close watch for anti-social behaviour such as teasing or bullying or intolerance based on cultural, individual, and role differences, including
those due to age, gender identity, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, language, and socio-economic status.
Driftwood Martial Arts has a zero tolerance policy towards violence, bullying and harassment.
Please remind your child that if they witness such behaviour they should quietly inform their camp leader or any staff member immediately, and we will promptly manage the situation. In the event of persistent behaviour issues that the Program Leader, in consultation the Chief Instructor, deems a threat to other athletes, staff members or guests, he/she will be asked to leave immediately. Parents or Guardians will be notified and requested to pick up the participant. There will be no refund of dues.
We expect participants to:
- Be able to take instruction and follow direction from instructional staff.
- Refrain from behaviour that negatively affects another participants experience.
- Respect the personal space and property of other participants. Campers will not touch other participants or handle their property without permission.
- Understand that physical or verbal abuse of others with not be tolerated. Campers will respect the feelings,safety and personal integrity of themselves and others.
- Respect the Driftwood Martial Arts facility and those used or visited in conjunction with the camp experience; this includes all equipment and property.
- Parents/Guardians will be responsible for paying for any damages deliberately caused by their child by
defacing or damaging said property.
- Guidelines are for the protection and benefit of all, violations can result in immediate removal from all
Unacceptable Behaviour Definition:
Behaviour deemed inappropriate includes but is not limited to:
- Leaving the instructed boundaries without permission and/or without being accompanied by a member of the
- Threatening behavior, bullying, offensive or insulting language, verbal or physical abuse to other athletes, staff or guests.
- Handling a fellows athletes possessions without consent.
- Being in possession of a weapon or implement that staff deems dangerous or potentially dangerous.
- Any illegal activity.
By completing this electronic document, I hereby acknowledge that I have read and agree to the Driftwood Martial Arts Behaviour & Code of Conduct.